Thursday, April 30, 2009

goodbye Justice David Souter


today i took my last exam of 1L year - civil procedure. our professor for this course was an Alito clerk, that we all fondly called Dave. Dave was a visiting professor, who me and fellow law nerds adored for his genuine efforts to care for his students. I sound sarcastic here, but I'm not...that was seriously a law professor that spent time with students, interested in what we had to say and patient in explaining difficult topics like the Erie Doctrine. We were striken to say goodbye to such a fabulous prof, but when we said goodbye to civil procedure when that 3 hour exam was over -- celebrations abounded! We were free!

But the legal world was not about to let me go into my summer (one month of pure legal-free joy in a foreign country) without another heartbreak, another goodbye to Dave. A series of tweets (see e.g. here) informed me that news around town is reporting that Justice Souter is about to retire. Earlier this semester, I was a tad anxious...

"justice souter...why have you not hired any clerks for OT 09 yet? need more members of the elect to crush on!

No comments:

Post a Comment